Are your kids excited to meet Elsa and Olaf?
Are your kids excited to meet Elsa and Olaf? Here are 5 Frozen-themed activities to do while you wait.
Elsa and Olaf are coming all the way from Arendelle to visit the Calgary Moms Trade Fair on April 18th! We know your little ones are probably bursting with excitement at the chance to meet these two favorite characters, so we’ve put together 5 fun Frozen-themed activities to keep them occupied until the big day!
1. Sensory activities are a hit with preschoolers and help them explore the world through touch. Develop through play with this incredible “Frozen Clean Mud” sensory dough. The process of making it alone will keep your kiddos entertained—but they’ll be rewarded will this squishy, sparkly, clean mud!
2. Frozen wouldn’t be Frozen without ice—so let your kids experience ice for themselves! Yes, it’s finally starting to warm up around here, but you can make your very own Frozen ice-play tub indoors. Toddlers will love the sensory experience of feeling the ice and you can freeze surprises inside the ice cubes to delight them when the ice melts.
3. Do your older kids love dressing up as their favorite characters? Help them top off the costume with these adorable Elsa Crowns and Sven Antlers. You can print off these easy templates and use craft-store foam sheets to create the headpieces.
4. Shaving cream is such a fun thing to use at craft time. Pick up a few cans from the dollar store and let your kids use their imaginations building “ice castles”. You can add blue food colouring to white shaving cream to give your castles a touch of colour!
5. Teach your kids about reusing recyclable items with this fun Olaf craft! Use old toilet paper rolls to make your very own snowman. A few accessories like googly eyes and pompoms will help your kids turn their snowman into Olaf.
Want more information about the Calgary Moms Trade Fair? Click here to find the location, date, show time, admission, registration and other info.